How can I tell if my brakes need servicing?
The brake system is one of the most important safety mechanisms in your vehicle. It is necessary to have it inspected regularly – a minimum of every six months or roughly every 6,000 miles – to ensure proper performance.
Here are some common signs that your brake system needs servicing:
- Brakes feel spongy or hard to press down
- Squealing or grinding noises
- Your car pulls to one side
- Your steering wheel or brake pedal shakes when applying the brake
- Your Anti‐Lock Brake System (ABS) warning lights come on
Why should I choose Santa Maria Ford Lincoln for brake repair?
Our factory‐trained technicians offer a comprehensive brake inspection including:
- Checking for even wear and measuring brake pad/shoe thickness
- Ensuring brake lines and master and wheel cylinders aren't leaking
- Checking rotors for hot spots and run‐outs
- Inspecting calipers for wear, fluid leaks and movement
- Checking anti‐lock brake sensors
- Testing hardware and making necessary adjustments
- Checking brake fluid condition and levels
Other benefits of Santa Maria Ford Lincoln brake services include:
- Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts
- Full‐service maintenance and repair facility
- Parts and labor warranties
- Clean, comfortable waiting areas with free Wi‐Fi
- Shuttle service to and from your home
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff